Tuesday, February 12, 2008

False Alarm

Christine called today with blood test results. No Diabetes for me. I am so happy! They are chalking high blood sugar readings up to the effect of steroids. Since I no longer have to premedicate with a steroid prior to chemo treatments my blood sugar levels should stay in a healthy range. They also did a test for arthritis which came back negative. Another side effect I don't remember hearing about. I don't doubt they warned me about it, but I don't remember.

Next chemo is a week from thursday. Ick, yuck, pbbbbbtttt! I'll have a chest x-ray done that morning prior to treatment to check for local recurrance. I won't have to wait days to find out, they'll be able to check out the x-ray and let me know that day. My Mom is coming for this treatment. It will be so nice to have her there and I hope she has the opportunity to meet Dr. Schmidt.

I'm preparing myself just in case. I'm not particularily worried about it but I take this cancer seriously because the mass grew from 1.6 cm to 1.9 cm between the ultrasound on Nov 8th and surgery on Nov 21st. Its impossible to remove all breast tissue with a mastectomy so these 3 month x-rays are my best defense. Find any recurrance early and remove it or radiate it.

No comments: