Sunday, February 17, 2008

Side Effects

The fatigue is getting old. During the first six weeks after starting chemo I had fatigue in short bursts during the first few days after a treatment. The accumulation of chemo seems to be taking its toll however. I haven't been able to overcome fatigue the past two and a half weeks. After sleeping seven hours I can sleep another two a few hours later. Its obvious the additional rest is necessary because insomnia is now a thing of the past.

Last week I got a job offer for twenty hours a week as a pharmacy technician, starting early March. I think that is doable and it will in fact be a nice way to get some normalcy back. A few days ago I was notified of another job opening, at Community Medical Center for 4 ten hour shifts a week. The pay is much better at CMC so I have applied. I wonder though, if I get an offer for that job how I will be able to keep myself going for 10 hours at a time. I am also concerned about keeping mental clarity when fatigue sets in. No need to worry at this point however because I have not been offered the job.

No comments: