Thursday, March 20, 2008

Stop By Sometime

I've really been slacking on blog entries. I started working four
l o n g hours a day at my new job this week. I leave Target frazzled and drained each day. Monday was tough. After being on my feet for a couple of hours focusing on learning the pharmacy software I literally HAD to excuse myself and sit down. My vision had grown blurry and my legs were shaking and I felt panicky. ICK, I hate that feeling, it felt like low blood sugar. After sitting down, eating and drinking for 15 mins I was back on my feet but I had a hard time recalling what I'd just learned. Oh well. My boss knows I'd just had a treatment a few days prior and she is a pharmacist afterall, so she knows about its side effects.

I've been successful at reminding myself to just take it slow and be extremely careful. I check each prescription three times before handing it off to the pharmacist for a final check. I would never forgive myself if I made a medication error and someone was hurt by my error.

So, stop by Target if you are in the neighborhood and wave hello. I probably can't stop and talk but I'd love to see you. My shift is 11 - 3 for the next two weeks.

Speaking of two weeks. TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY IS MY LAST CHEMO! ya ba da ba dooooooooo

No comments: