Sunday, April 6, 2008

Completion

Surrounded by the devotion and support of my family I finished chemo. I was never alone and that made all the difference. Thank you, John, for loving me through this with steadfast compassion. I know that you would have endured it for me if you could. Thank you for listening, giving encouragement and holding me up. Dad, thank you for your loving support. Obligations in Kalispell made it difficult for you to make the repeat trips to Missoula and yet you did anyway. You've helped in so many ways, but what impacted me the most was knowing that I am fortunate enough to have a father whose hug makes me feel safe and who would do anything to protect me. Mom, you gave of yourself so often with a smile. Having you with us helped make treatment days like a nice get-together. Staying for a few days afterwards and taking over the cooking, shopping and cleaning allowed me relax and recover in peace. Anne, you've been there for me whenever I've needed a talk, walk or pity party. You and Chuck reassured me many times that I could relax about how I look, and I truely believed you! Thanks for listening to me and holding my hand during needle sticks. I wish I were as brave as you but I don't think I'll ever quite get there. Mark and Renell, the weekly cards and phone calls with prayers and words of encouragment meant so much to me. Having you there for my second-to-last chemo was a treat. I was thrilled to show off my brother to my friends at the clinic.

To my far-flung family and friends all around the world, thank you for your gifts and cards that arrived to make me smile and warm my heart.

No comments: