Thursday, June 26, 2008

What I Wouldn't Give

To be told that there is a cure. Like this one. Melanoma is a frightening form of cancer. Especially stage 4. Yet this man, with stage 4 cancer received this revolutionary treatment and appears to be cancer free after 2 years. Reading this article makes me feel like it could really happen for all of us. A treatment that does more than save a life. A treatment that gives another a release from the fear that a recurrence will drastically alter their life again.

Man, my 3 month checkup cannot come soon enough. I am looking now at another condition and what it might mean. The skin on my left hand side, where my breast used to be and that which swelled after surgery because of a seroma, is puckered and wrinkled and has a scaly appearance. I've always assumed that the scaliness would go away, but it hasn't. The skin is totally numb. All nerves there are dead. Well my internet wandering eyes find that skin that is puckered and scaly is a sign of advanced breast cancer. Crap. Reading that makes me nervous as hell. But, realistically its just my skin doing the best it can after surgery.

I really just need to see the doctor.

No comments: