Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Passed!

Guardian Oncology called this morning while I was at work. I'm well. I'm really better than well, I'm fantastic!

The tumor marker tests CA 27-29, CEA and CA 15-3 all came back good. The CA 27-29 number is slightly raised from 3 months ago but not a significant amount. I had a worrysome result from the CA 27-29 during chemo.

The CA 125, for ovarian cancer came back below 1. They had never seen a result this low before so they had it retested. There was no mistake. Its really that low. Its really that good.

An arthritis test also came back negative. My vitamin levels are good. Slightly anemic but not too bad.

Nothing but good news. I have no need to worry. I'm healthy as I can be. Could I be 'cured'?

5 comments:

Unpopular Guy said...

Yes, you could be and you are... believe it! Yahoooo!

Now let's get out there and have some fun!

I LOVE YOU!!!

john

Montana1 said...

Laurie-

I've been checking in twice a day, waiting to hear the news. Congratulations! You must be feeling a great sense of relief. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Anonymous said...

YAHOO!!!!!!! Never doubted it... you've done so well with prevention... all of your hard work has paid off! You are probably in the best heath of your life right now with everything you do :) Yippee!!! Love ya Laur!

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy for you Laurie! You deserve all the good news in the world.

Leslie said...

That's fantastic news, Laurie! And a great relief to all who care about you. Hugs from afar....