Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Chemo #4

My mom is coming this afternoon. She's going to treatment with me tomorrow. It will be fun to show her off to Dr. Schmidt, Christine (my chemo nurse) and the other patients I know. People who meet my mom comment that she is such a cheerful, sweet and unselfish person. And she is. She takes genuine interest in what people are saying. She empathizes. She is the hardest working person I know. Hardest working person I'll ever know. And I get her for 2 or 3 days! As soon as she arrives she'll scope out our house, looking for things that need attention. Last time she was here she did laundry, cleaned out our fridge, gas stove and all horizontal surfaces in the house. She grocery shops and cooks healthy satisfying meals that entice me to eat when I'd just as soon not.

I'm prepared to be run over by a Mack truck upon waking Friday morning. Just hope he doesn't back up and hit me again, for fun. Tomorrow, following the blood draw and IV placement, will be a relative walk in the park. In fact because of the pre-treatment steroids I'll be feeling fine, energetic even. I'll stop by and clean out your basement or chop some wood.

Heres to killing rapidly dividing cells. Go Taxotere! Go Cytoxan! Thank you Neulasta, couldn't do it without you.

No comments: