Thursday, February 21, 2008

If You Gotta Get Chemo This Is a Good Place

Chemo #4 was uneventful. John and Mom attended this triumphant event. I'm officially over halfway done with chemo. Its midnight now and I'm still buzzing from the Decadron steroid.

I was so happy that the IV went in on the first try that I told Christine that I love her.









Something else happened. Early this month I posted about a young mother whose breast cancer has metastisized to her liver (See Toxic Makeover). I cried with her at my second treatment and was sorrowful that I might not see her again.

I was happy to see her walk in the treatment room today. She looked okay. A liver/spleen MRI and bone and brain scans were ordered for her for tomorrow. How does a person prepare themselves to hear the results? She's been on the receiving end of many test results before, but can it become any less difficult? Especially now. I cannot make any sense of her grave situation and I am deeply saddened for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People have tried to comment and have not been successful. Be sure to:
1. enter your comment
2. type in the word verification
3. choose the radio button next to Name/URL and enter your name.
4. Click Publish