Monday, March 10, 2008

Egg Sauce Dead

You read that right. I'm exhausted from working five hours today. Meeting lots of new people, trying to pay attention during orientation and freezing my ass of all day did it. My brain doesn't handle stimulation very well these days and my eyesight is getting worse, but I don't think that's chemo-related. Its going to be a relatively low stress job. I'll be paid about one third of what I was making this time last year however alot has changed since then.

I quit my 20 year career in IT, got married, went to Hawaii on a honeymoon, sold John's house, we bought a house, rented my old house, John started having heart arrhythmias, I went back to college, I got cancer and had a double mastectomy and oophorectomy followed by four rounds of chemo, passed my pharmcy tech certification test and then started a new job. No wonder I'm tired. John is very tired these days also.

Three days from now I'll be in the chemo room again. My big bro is coming for this one. What a guy! It will be really nice to have him there. He'll be a great diversion from the rather scary process. He is so good with people. Puts everyone at ease with his good natured personality and tells incredibly lame jokes. They make you groan and then you can't help but laugh because he thinks they are funny. I wish I was more like him. Here he is sneaking cheesecake seconds while no one's looking. His oldest son and darling wife are in the picture also.

No comments: