Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fog Lifted

Work is going better. I don't have the brain fuzzies like last week when I was trying to appear competent at my new job. I've got 10 glorious days of feeling relatively normal before chemo #6. I have been lazy of late. During recoveries from prior treatments I've pushed myself to get out and jog by now. This time, instead, I've taken walks or naps.

I'm really loving Yoga. Had to get through the first few sessions where stretching did not feel good. Now, I'm getting stronger all over. My flexibility and balance is better. Fewer headaches too. Its also helping stretch out scar issue under my left arm that developed from surgery to remove lymph nodes. The most important benefit, deep breathing and relaxation, surely helps my system recover from chemo.

I have thoughts about what I want to do after coming out of treatment. I want to see some new places and experience other cultures. I want to really live life to the fullest. It doesn't make sense to wait for "someday" when the timing is just perfect. The urge is strong. More on that when plans are in the making.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I see a pattern here.....Laurie. Your expression of exuberant joy while looking forward to your last chemo treatment was "abba dabba do!" Wasn't that saying attributed to YOGIE BEAR? Now you are practicing YOGA? Earlier you expressed a need for a guide for your "journey". In India a guide or teacher in the Hindu faith is called a YOGI, I belive. Have you ever had the feeling that a particular cow reminded you of one of our dear departed relatives? Perhaps we are on to something here.....Oh crap, I just remembered...it wasn't YOGIE BEAR, it wasn't YOGIE BEAR that said "abba dabba do!" it was FRED FLINTSTONE! nevermind.......