Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Can't Wait

I am obsessed with hair. I can't wait to start growing it. I figure in about 3 weeks I'll see evidence of some new growth. How we take hair for granted. It will feel so freeing not to have a crazy itchy wig or snug hat on my head. My hat slips off sometimes when I am sleeping and it feels so good to wake up and feel my scalp breathe.

Its probably difficult to understand. I miss blow drying and styling my hair. It took time, sure, but it also made me feel "fixed up" and ready to start the day. My morning routine is much different now. Get out of the bath or shower. The little hair I have is dry by the time I reach the mirror. Throw on a hat and a little makeup and I am ready to go. No quiet prep time to think about whats in store for the day.

I've been lucky to keep about 50% of my eyelashes and eyebrows. I dreaded losing them as much as my hair. Of the 5 hairs per square inch that I have on my head now, the long ones remaining are all brown. The gray ones have all fallen out.

By fall I will have a cute short pixie do. I wonder if my hair will grow in curly. That would be fine by me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Picante Sauce - I'd cut off my hair, so you could have a weave if you needed/wanted it. I love you dearly.